Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Burglary and Burnin' and AZ DMV

Been away unavoidably. A helpful pilgrim wandered into our home at 2:30 a.m. Sunday while we slept, and while being chased out by our Doberman, removed my laptop, my wallet, my partner's briefcase, and a flash drive. The laptop was just 4 months old, and built for blogging. This machine, bless its heart, was build in 2001 and, well, not so much.

Here's to A----, our Lady Dober. She may have saved our lives. This turkey was prowling around our house not 20 feet from the foot of my bed. If the door to the BR had been open, he'd be ground beef. Another Doberman and the Wild Chi were in there. He can thank God he didn't have to deal with either.

Apart from the lack of sleep for two nights --we wake to every sound, all five of us-- is the PTSD. I can't put one foot before the other. And apart from the PTSD is the need to replace everything, especially my driver's license and my laptop. Spent all day driving around town replacing. But kudos to AZ's DMV. Took 20 minutes, in to out, to get a new license. Can't beat that. Told them so, too.

When I can get back efficiently, I owe links to some good people. You know who you are. I'll take care of it. Promise.

California Burnin,' God help them, the wildlife, the land, the firefighters. God bless firefighters.

Was going to write about the nazification of the country, but all my research and drafts went with my laptop. And so much more.

OK. Over and out for tonight.

0 comments: