Thursday, March 20, 2008

Call the DNC Now

Are you as sick of hearing the talking heads crow about the chaos the Democrats are in thanks to the decision to alienate the delegates of two of the most critical states in the election? Doesn't it embarrass you that our party chiefs managed to create a situation that guarantees millions of hours of TV and radio ridicule to our candidate's detriment?

If, like me, you cannot believe the incompetence of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in handling the Florida and Michigan decisions to hold their primaries when they choose, please call the DNC and let them know how you feel. Here's the number: 202-863-8000. If you'd prefer to send an email, here's the DNC website. Follow the "Contact" link.

Let me tell you what happened when I did. The switchboard passed me to a young man, a customer service genius. When I asked, just to be sure, "Are you the organization that is responsible for the Michigan/Florida mess?," he replied that Michigan and Florida are responsible. When I asked if the DNC established the rules the resulted in this mess, he replied that a committee passed the rules. When I said, "A committee of what organization," he replied, "The DNC."

I have to feel sorry for him in a way. I reamed out the DNC and he had to listen, and I'm sure I'm not the first to call. It's a wonder to me how talented the DNC folks are a snatching defeat and humiliation from the jaws of victory and respect. Its main talent? Circle the wagons and shoot.

And when you're done, please call the Clinton campaign and the Obama campaign and give them hell, too. This has got to be resolved IMMEDIATELY. We can't afford weeks more of humiliation.

0 comments: