Sunday, June 15, 2008

Could You Just Shut Up, Already?!

It is me?

With all due respect to the family and friends of the departed, I thought Tim Russert was a professional enabler of the Right, a tool of the Republican party, a wimp when it came to interviewing its minions, and a smug abuser of his enormous power. However nice a guy he might have been to his friends and family, he just didn't earn my respect or gratitude, or my thanks for his "even-handed" approach to partisan politics. Too many times I saw him skewer Democrats and give Republicans a very wide pass. Thanks, but I don't need to be told what to think of Tim Russert.

With all due respect, I also think the nation's pogroms against brown people, the the 35 Articles of Impeachment, and the 35 Articles of Impeachment are worth a whole lot more air time than the Life and Times of Tim Russert, and I can't believe my eyes when not one but at least two and maybe three mainline TV channels are on an All-Tim-All-the-Time runaway train. He wasn't the Second Coming.

While I'm sorry for the grief his loss is causing to those who loved him, I'm just not sorry at all that Tim is not around anymore to steer votes to the morally bankrupt Republican and shovel indignant outrage at made-up claims against Democrats.

So if I hear one more plaintive wail of tribute to Tim Russert, I think I'm gonna barf.

2 comments:

Zelph said...

As Mike Malloy would say, Timah was Media Whore #1 (no offense to sex workers.)

The world is a better place without him.

The Daily Howler (dailyhowler.com) has cataloged his many offenses over the years. It's no wonder that Dick Cheney suggested appearing on Meet the Press when the Bush administration needed favorable coverage.

PICO said...

Two tail wags to Zelph for the comment and the tip about Daily Howler. Will add it to my blogroll and check it regularly. Howler's Russert Review is on hold until Monday out of respect. . . .