Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Obama the Centrist

I keep having this urge to scream.

I know what's going to happen. Obama is going to tack Rightward, even as McSame tacks Leftward. Both want the voters to believe they're centrists.

The thing is, I have believed Obama is too centrist from Day Uno. Take, for instance, his stance on Israel, Palestine, and Iran. His healthcare plan. His terribly magnanimous pro "civil unions" position. His immigration stance, not significantly different from what McSame's used to be before he flip-flopped to court the Klan vote.

If he gets any "Righter" will the ex-Clintonistas vote for him instead of McSame?

OK, I definitely want a Democrat in the White House, and if I had my druthers, there'd be wall-to-wall donkeys in the House and Senate, too.

I only hope that at the swearings-in, the God of the "Little People" (as that termagint Leona Helmsley called us taxpayers)transforms them all, Obama especially, into Planetary Warriors and Loving Vindicators. I.e., people with Guts. Integrity. Vision. Brains. Compassion. I want a Latter Day Roosevelt. I'll take him, warts and all.

Meanwhile, I guess I have to hold my nose and pray. It would be a miracle, but stranger things have happened.

0 comments: